- B & T World Seeds reference:
- Common names and Synonyms:
- Beradona, Guzelavratotu, Nwar Boton, Banewort, Belladonna, Dwale, Lus Na H'oidhche, Tollkirsche, Deadly Nightshade, Devil's Cherries, Divale, Great Morel, Dwayberry.
- Purple / Brown.
- Black, shiny to 1 cm - intensely sweet.
(Poisonous - more than 2 or 3 berries may cause dangerous symptoms. A number of deaths have been recorded).
- Ovate to elliptic, up to 15cm long.
- To 1.5 meters.
- Medicinal, Psychotropic, Sacred.
- Minimum Temperature:
- USDA zone: 7 0° to 10°F (-18° to -12°C)
Seed count roughly:
1000 seeds in 1 gram.
Click below for most recent prices:
Belladonna (Atropa belladonna)
Atropa belladonna is included in the following B & T World Seeds sub-lists:
Atropa belladonna grows best in well drained fertile and preferably calcareous soil, with sun or partial shade.
Propagate by seeds sown in spring.
Atropa belladonna will grow back from it's thick, fleshy, branching, whitish perennial roots. The above ground parts - leaves and purple tinted stem are annual and herbaceous.
Warning ! The alkaloid content of the plant is higher in sunny positions (and the plants are often smaller).
Botanical Glossary - Catalogues - Homepage - eMail
B & T World Seeds, Paguignan, 34210 Aigues Vives, France.